Friday, August 1, 2008

Fuel Savings in Hard Times (Update)

Related Articles

Truth About Acetone and Ethanol


Update 2008-08-01: I added the acetone yesterday evening and drove for a couple miles just to help ensure it was distributed throughout the tank. I don't know whether that was necessary but it made me feel better.

The first thing I noticed immediately this morning was power. I had much more power than I did before adding the acetone. When my Tahoe shifted to overdrive my head went back... the car lunged when it shifted. I don't have whiplash, but it was noticeable. Acceleration is amazing... I can just feel the additional horsepower. Anyone who has climbed Cantrell Hill in Little Rock, AR on I430 knows that it's a long 30% grade and it increases at the top. I climb it every day going to work. Normally I like to get a run at it so I don't have to drop out of overdrive at the top to maintain speed. Today I didn't get a run and I didn't maintain speed. However, I also did NOT drop out of overdrive. My Tahoe climbed right up the hill without so much as a whimper!!

Now I am very excited to see what mileage improvement (or decline) I have with this acetone. I haven't changed my driving habits one bit and don't intend to. In fact, I want to replace my plugs and wires and also Seafoam my engine but I'm going to wait until this is all done. I'm not changing a thing until I've determined what the acetone is going to do. I'm pumped about this! I think I'm going to go find a punk kid and drag race his butt this evening!!

No comments: